Saturday, October 19, 2013

Negative Aspects of SUNY Downstate's Accelerated Nursing Program

I need to take a second to say that I have only posted on this blog about the positive aspects of SUNY Downstate's Accelerated Nursing Program. 

 I, like many of my peers, had issues with the program.

I, like many of my peers, had issues with some of the professors.

But there are 2 main reasons I didn't write anything negative about the program on the blog.

#1 I researched about the program before enrolling and I was aware about what the problem issues were before I started.  So while some things were annoying I never really freaked out like some of my classmates.  

#2 Many of the professors or issues that annoyed the hell out of me didn't bother my classmates in the least.  And many of the professors and issues that annoyed the hell out of my classmates didn't annoy me in the least.

Everything is subjective.  That being said I would recommend that you do your homework.  Go on allnurses.com and read the negative things people write.  Come here and check the positive things I write.  Then weigh the pros and cons.  

I would also like to take a second to mention the fact that if there is a major issue with any professor.  The department generally boots the person out next year and seeks a suitable replacement.

While the folks in the nursing department may not respond to student's complaints as quickly as they would like them to.  They do eventually respond and make changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment