Monday, June 17, 2013

What's So Special About Brooklyn College?

Look below to read my post about Brooklyn College if you haven't already!!!

So that's it I just go to Brooklyn College and do good and then I'm sure to get into Downstate's Nursing Program?  

No!  It's a good idea to volunteer or intern at a hospital as well.  
I will post something about this later.

And there is a catch with Brooklyn College.  

A bunch of my nursing classmates graduated from BC.  I only vaguely remembered seeing one of them around campus.  Former classmates I ran into once I got to Downstate were in the PA and M.D. programs.  

At Brooklyn College you take Chemistry, all your Bio classes and Anatomy and Physiology classes together with those planning to apply to medical school.

The classes at Brooklyn College are no walk in the park.  

While at Brooklyn College my physiology class started with about 35 students.  In the end there were around 15 or so and a few of them flunked the final.  

I saw the same thing happen in my chem 1.1 class where we had the good luck of getting a professor who normally teaches graduate level classes.  His exams were rough.  No multiple choice.  Only partial credit.  3/4 of the class were gone by the end.  I got an amazing tutor and managed to ace it with his help.  My chem tutor is now a medical student here at Downstate doing research.

They don't just love Brooklyn College Students because both schools are in Brooklyn.  If you can do well at BC then you will likely do well in the nursing program.


No comments:

Post a Comment