Thursday, May 9, 2013

My Preceptor's Picks- Antihypertensives

I decided last week to take a copy of my 2011 Lippincott Williams Drug Handbook into the hospital with me, and ask my nurse preceptor to star all the antihypertensive drug she works with on a regular basis.  

My preceptor transitions daily between the Med Surg, Tele, and Stroke units.

The orange meds I feel like I've seen the most.  Especially metoprolol.

Try to be familiar with some of these before going into MEDSURG I if you can.  

If not then try to learn them little by little while you're in MEDSURG.  

Aliskiren
Captopril
Clonidine hydrochloride
Diltiazem hydrochloride
Enalapril Maleate
Furosemide
Hydralazine hydrochloride
Hydrocholorothiazide
Labetalol hydrochloride
Lisinopril
Losartan potassium
Metoprolol tartrate
Nadolol
Nicardipine
Nifedipine
Nitroglycerin
Quinapril hydrochloride
Valsartan
Verapamil hydrochloride

No comments:

Post a Comment